Connect with us


Stepmom Is Accused in Idaho 9-Year-Old’s ‘Torture’ and Death, and Dad Allegedly Didn’t Intervene



A 9-year-old boy died after what a prosecutor alleged was “essentially torture” by his stepmother, who’s accused of locking him in a closet at night, withholding food and inflicting “physical strenuous punishments” while she worked from home due to COVID.

Now, the stepmother is charged with murder — and the boy’s father, who allegedly “admitted … he did nothing to save his son,” according to prosecutor Tamara Kelly, is charged with injury to a child, infliction of great bodily injury, and destruction or concealment of evidence, reports the Meridian Press in Idaho.

You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications.

The boy, Emrik Osuna, could not be revived by officers who responded to a 911 call at 9:39 p.m. on Sept. 1 and found the child not breathing and without a heartbeat, said Meridian police in a news release. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

More than four hours earlier, his father, Erik Osuna, allegedly sent a text to his wife, Monique Osuna, expressing hesitation about taking the boy to seek help, said the prosecutor.

“I know you are scared,” the message read. “I am too.”

Examination of the boy’s body revealed him to be badly dehydrated and malnourished, Kelly said in court Thursday, reports KTVB.

“The little boy had bruises all over his body, specifically on his buttocks, groin, legs and torso,” Kelly told the judge. “Some of the bruises were extremely large and essentially covered the back of his body.”

Emrik Ozuna

The boy was forced to do jumping jacks and wall sits for lengthy periods, and allowed to stop only for a moment while his stepmother took a break from her work, Kelly alleged.

Erik and Monique Ozuna
Ada County Sheriff’s Office

In addition, the father allegedly told police that Emrik had only been given rice and water for weeks before he died, according to the prosecutor.

Kelly alleged that because the child was not attending school, he was unable to escape his stepmother’s abuse.

Relatives said the boy had lived for a time with other family members after his biological mother had been convicted and sentenced to prison for abuse of his siblings.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

“He was just like one of our own,” said the boy’s aunt, Marie Osuna, who took him in, reports KTVB. “He loved us. He would call me mom,” she said. “He was just a good kid, he was happy. I just don’t understand what happened.”

After Erik Osuna later was awarded custody of his son and the boy moved from California to live with his father and stepmother in Idaho, “we trusted both of them to take care of him. And it’s not like our family wasn’t more than willing to help,” Marie Osuna said. “They could have reached out to us, they could have said something, you know, if they were frustrated with him.”

“Why would they starve him like that?,” she asked. “What did he do to deserve to be starved or even to be hit, like a dog? He just needed love. He just needed love, that’s it, and to feel safe.”

Monique and Erik Osuna are being held in the Ada County jail on a $2 million bond each, and due to be formally charged on Sept. 17. It could not be immediately determined if they’d retained an attorney or entered pleas to the charges against them.

Three other children in the couple’s home — a 4- and 9-year-old, and a four-month-old — were taken from the home and placed in protective custody, police said.

Emrik’s uncle, Francisco Tirado, created a GoFundMe page seeking donations with the goal to bring the boy’s body from Idaho to California for burial.

Continue Reading


32-year-old Texas mom arrested for forcing herself on her 12-year-old son



A Texas mother, Brittany Rouleau was arrested as she ordered her little boy of mere 12-year-old to strip naked inside their Wichita Falls home in 2018 before raping him. She is now being held at the Wichita County Jail on a $100,000 bond and has been charged with aggravated sexual assault on Saturday.

According to the reports, the 34-year-old mother attacked her son after questioning him about masturbation while she was undressing and the boy had just gotten out of the shower. The boy told the investigators that he was sitting on the bed that they both shared when his mom entered the room. Rouleau then began taking her clothes off and also ordered the little boy to do the same.

The son said that he raped him in their shared bed and then told him to clean himself up. The boy then reportedly went to sleep on the couch and also informed his mother that whatever happened between them genuinely felt wrong. However, the mom replied that it is likely for him to get into trouble as he accepted what just happened.

According to reports, Rouleau then warned the victim to not share the news with anyone else. After two years of this incident, the son confessed to another adult who cares for him and then he was brought to the police by his guardian. The boy again repeated the allegations when he was taken to Patsy’s House Child Advocacy and shortly afterwards Rouleau was then arrested.

She later denied any sexual intercourse with the victim but eventually admitted the fact that she had sex with him.

Continue Reading





Beaumont, Texas | A morgue worker in the Jefferson County morgue has been pronounced dead this morning after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year-old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.
Jenna Davis, one of Henri Johnson’s coworkers, says she heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

Ms. Davis claims that the young coworker who caused the accident was a new employee and had forgotten to check for the toe tag to make sure he had the right body.

Jenna Davis says she heard the victim scream in agony as the crematory was reducing him to ashes.

The police have opened an investigation to determine the exact circumstances surrounding Mr. Johnson’s death.

Investigators have not ruled out the possibility of filing criminal charges against the employee who caused his death.

The young man could possibly be accused of criminal negligence causing death.

Continue Reading


Arkansas Woman Arrested After Raping a 14-Year-Old Boy



A woman from Arkansas has been arrested for allegedly having sexual relations with a 14-year-old boy. The suspect was busted after the boy’s parents caught her forcing herself to have sex on their son.

According to Jonesboro Police Department, the suspect, Mallory Brooke Manley, is facing multiple counts of rape and internet stalking of a child, as reported by Kait 8 News.

Suspect allegedly stalked teen online

The parents of the 14-year-old boy had caught 25-year-old Mallory Brooke Manley from Jonesboro and their son having sex.

After the discovery, the two were immediately subject to investigation. Investigators questioned the underage boy and Manley to figure out how long the abuse has been going on.

The victim told the investigators that both he and Manley had were involved in sexual acts for five to six times.

Photo: Jonesboro Police Department

However, the statement of the boy and from the 25-year-old suspect did not match. According to Manley, the two of them had sex at least 10 times. Investigators also discovered that she had been stalking the teen online.

On October 25, Manley was arrested by the police along with  JPD’s Internet Crimes Against Children Division. The ground for her arrest was a rape case. The suspect is currently in the custody of the Craighead County Jail according to News4 San Antonio.

A bond amounting to $250,000 is set on Friday for Mallory Brooke Manley. She will be facing court on November 24.

A Similar Case

In a similar case that occurred this year, a 20-year-old woman was also arrested for raping an underage boy. She was sentenced to spend eight months in prison for the case of second-degree rape of a minor.

However, she will be sentenced to 78 months of jail time if she does not obey the orders of law enforcement authorities.

Similar to the case of Manley, the 20-year-old woman also conducted sexual acts with a minor age 13 years old on multiple occasions. The suspect admitted to the crime she committed.

Continue Reading