‘Soulless’ Florida 15-Year-Old Confesses He Strangled Mom to Death and Buried Body at Church

On Thursday, Florida 15-year-old Gregory Ramos allegedly got into a spat with his mother, 46-year-old Gail Cleavenger, after he got a bad grade at school.

The mom was upset that her son got a “D” in one of his classes, and brought up the grade to Ramos. That caused the teen to snap, according to Volusia County police.

Sheriff Mike Chitwood said at a press conference that Ramos strangled his mother to death late that night.

Ramos later said in “full and detailed confession” that the strangling took at least “30 minutes.”

Early Friday morning, Ramos said he put moved his mother’s body into a wheelbarrow and put her into the back of the family car, reports WFTV.

He called two 17-year-old friends to help him move the body, Dylan Ceglarek, and Brian Porras.

The three drove her body to a local church and buried her underneath a firepit. Ramos told police that he tried to cut her finger off so that he could retrieve and pawn her wedding ring.

The teens then returned to Ramos’ home where they stowed away electronics in order to stage a burglary.

Ramos then headed to school and called police when he returned home in the evening. He told police that his mother was missing after someone broke in.

However, the teen’s story fell apart when authorities started investigating. He confessed to the killing during police questioning.

Volusia County Sheriff’s Office

The mother’s body was recovered at the church on Saturday.

During a press conference, the police chief said Ramos was one of the “top three sociopaths” he’d encountered and that the teen seemed proud of what he’d done.

According to WKMG, Chitwood said:

“He is a soulless individual who thought he was gonna outsmart everyone in the room. To watch how cold and callous and calculating he was, I think was probably the most shocking thing for all of us. No sign of remorse whatsoever.”

Ramos has been charged with murder in connection with the killing. The two 17-year-olds who assisted in the cover-up have been charged with accessory to first-degree murder.

On Saturday, the police chief tweeted:

“The case we worked tonight was one of the most disturbing and saddest I’ve seen in my career. I have a feeling this is a case we’ll be hearing about for years.

Watch the video below: