Connect with us

Crime & Tragedy

Police: Angry boyfriend sets home on fire with family and elderly, disabled grandmother inside



RIVIERIA BEACH, FL – On October 11th, a family home was set on fire with numerous members of the family inside, ranging from small children to a disabled grandmother.

Fortunately, the family was able to escape. Riviera Beach police revealed that the suspect, an ex-boyfriend of one of the occupants and ex-convict, has been arrested for the crime.


The house fire forced eight people that were inside the home to vacate.  The residents, a grandmother bound to a wheelchair, two adults and five children were able to escape in time.

The grandmother, Katrina Fleming told the Palm Beach Post:

“I’m still shaking.  I close my eyes for a few minutes and all I see is the orange flames of fire in my face.”

The fire was determined to be arson and police began to focus their attention on an ex-boyfriend, James Eugene Josey.

It didn’t take long before they were able to develop probable cause and arrest Josey for eight counts of attempted first-degree murder and felony arson.  Circuit Judge Ted Borras ordered Josey be held without bond.

The fire was first reported around 5am on October 11th, at a home on West 30th Street in Riviera Beach, Florida.  The residents which were inside of the home were Katrina, her boyfriend Antwon Hall, her daughter Breanna and Breanna’s five children, who range in age from two to 13.

Breanna’s ex-boyfriend (Josey) is the father of Breanna’s three eldest children.

Josey was released from prison in February after serving five and one-half years.  He was upset because Breanna refused to let him visit their children without supervision by a member of the court.

It is possible that this was his motive for setting the fire.

The Palm Beach Post noted that Josey had spent time in prison off and on since 2008.

It stated:

“Records show Josey was in state prison for two months in 2008 and 10 months in 2012, and from November 2015 to February of this year, on Palm Beach County convictions that included drug charges, burglary and grand theft, and felony battery.”

Riviera Beach Police announced that during their arson investigation they learned that Josey had texted Breanna and was angered by her request for court supervised visitation.

He sent her another text that said he was “going to get a new set of children.”

Additionally, he texted that he was going to “put a check on her check.”  Breanna said she believed it was a threat on her life and that those words alluded to murder.

Reports say that Josey repeatedly called and texted Breanna throughout the weekend. Breanna allegedly ignored all of his attempts at contacting her.

Breanna stated that after midnight on the 11th, Josey texted Breanna requesting a place to stay.  She sent back a clear response that he was not welcome at the family home.

Shortly afterward, Josey showed up at the family residence and began banging on the door.  Breanna answered the door, saw Josey standing there, and promptly shut and locked the door.

Breanna alleged that Josey began screaming and yelling as he walked down the driveway. Breanna stated that she opened the door when he was far enough away and warned him that if he returned she would call the police, to which Josey replied:

“Your [expletive] mother is going to die, I’m going to be back.”

Breanna said that Josey did returned before 3am and banged on the door again.  Breanna claimed that she again told Josey that he was not welcome at the house and to leave.  She had hoped that would be the last time he came to the house.

Around 5am, Breanna’s mother, Katrina, stated that she was awakened by something that had crashed through her bedroom window.

She said:

“I heard something go, ‘Boom!’  Come through my window.  I immediately started screaming.”

Katrina and her boyfriend were both now awake and saw that two devices had landed in their room. Katrina stated that fire, presumably from the devices, rapidly spread throughout the room and approached the foot of her bed.

Katrina, who had lost both of her legs when her ex-husband shot her several years ago, was removed off of the bed by her boyfriend.

She said:

“[My boyfriend] grabbed me and was pulling me off the bed.  He didn’t even think to grab my [wheel]chair.”

Everyone in the house was able to safely escape the blaze.  The fire department responded to the scene and was able to extinguish the flames.  Yet, despite their efforts, the house was deemed a total loss.

Police advised that they had located a cellphone in the backyard, which they discovered belonged to Josey.

Officers, accompanied by the fire marshal, combed the area further and found the nozzle belonging to a gas can. After a search of the surrounding area, the suspect was located on Australian Avenue, roughly two miles away from the scene.

When officers made contact with him, they said that he started acting in a “suicidal” manner and tried to hang himself with his clothes. Josey also spat on the responding officers.  He was eventually taken into custody and requested a lawyer before any questioning.


Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Mark Redwine: Dad killed 13-yr-old son after boy found pics of him in women’s underwear eating feces



COLORADO: A 13-year-old was reportedly killed by his father after he found ‘compromising’ photos of him eating feces from a diaper while wearing women’s underwear. The murder trial of Mark Redwine, 59 began on June 21. Prosecutors claimed in the opening statement that Mark ‘flew into a rage’ on the night of November 18, 2012, when his teenage son Dylan might have mentioned or shown him his ‘compromising pictures’.

Mark Redwine is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death of Dylan. In similar incidents of child abuse and murder, an Arkansas father was convicted of murdering his six-year-old son by sexually assaulting him with a stick. He was sentenced to death in November 2016. In June 2021, a Tennessee father was found guilty of murdering his autistic, nonverbal toddler son in 2018. A Florida father and son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide on May 21, after the child’s mother had alerted authorities requesting the child be removed from the father’s care.


Ronnie Oneal: Man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter, grills son in court

Unstable father who killed five-year-old son thinking he was ‘the devil’ charged with murder

Prosecutor Fred Johnson said in his opening statement, “A damaged relationship, exposed with compromising photographs, photographs in the hands of a 13-year-old who is disgusted by it, which triggered a violent rage in the defendant.” During Thanksgiving 2012, Dylan disappeared from Redwine’s Vallecito home during a court-ordered visit. According to the Denver Post, the boy’s remains were found by 2013 and 2014. Johnson further mentioned that prosecutors intend to prove that Redwine killed Dylan in his living room and then dumped his body off a trail near his home. Afterwards, he misled the investigators for months to cover up his crime. Traces of Dylan’s blood were found in Redwine’s living room and his body was found without his wallet or backpack.

Redwine’s public defender, John Moran, argued that Dylan had no interest in visiting his father and suggested he could have been attacked by a bear or mountain lion after running away, claiming a tooth mark was found on his skull. He further said that Dylan had previously confronted him (Redwine) about the fetish photos during a cross-country trip. There was no way the prosecutors will be able to prove a connection between Dylan’s death and the photos. Moran said that the photos “come from deep within Mark’s private life.” “If the prosecution could find an expert to say people who do that are more likely to kill their child, that information would be given to you … Mr Redwine did not kill his child,” he added. Moran also noted that no evidence tied his client to the boy’s death.

“Mr Redwine, in addition to being innocent, lost everything. He lost it all, and now he sits here with this demand for wrongful conviction, ” Moran said. According to KUSA, Redwine worked as a trucker in Washington when he was arrested. Dylan’s older brother, Cory, who previously claimed he saw the sordid images of his father as well, called for ‘justice’ in his brother’s death in November 2020. Cory wrote on Facebook, “Dylan needs strength from more than just us and I can’t begin to explain how much every single person that knows his story is a part of that! Every day a kid is forgotten by the legal system and that is not ok!!”

The trial was postponed after multiple delays in the case. It is expected to last until mid-July, with testimonies to start on June 22.

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514

Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Chris Hamburg: Serial road rager filmed by TikToker trying to run car off road



RANTOUL, ILLINOIS: A serial road rager was finally arrested, months after harassing numerous drivers, thanks to one TikTok user. Chris Hamburg was recorded by user Kaleb Moore attempting to run Moore’s friend’s car off the road. The incident quickly went viral, with other users also complaining that they were victims of Hamburg, leading to his eventual arrest on August 25. It appears Hamburg has troubled man drivers in his beat-up van and is now facing charges of disorderly conduct.

Despite facing threats of bans, TikTok has proved to be a vital source for people to out anti-social Americans. On August 17, TikTok user Lisette went viral after she was recorded ranting at gym users who came in front of her camera while attempting to record work out TikToks. Days before that, TikToker Heather Brown recorded a White woman grabbing her son, to block him from entering the community pool. We also reported on Denise Bradley aka Aunt Karen, who used her TikToks to out racist CEO Eileen Cure. 


Florida girl, 4, shot dead in car while suspect targets her mom from another car

Kendell Matthews: SHOCKING video of man shooting at pickup in ‘road rage’ goes viral

While most cases have just gone viral and led to public condemnation, Moore’s TikTok led the police to act, and arrest Hamburg after much public pressure. Reportedly, numerous people have been subject to Hamburg’s road rage, which Moore called “completely sickening”. In fact, he would’ve probably gotten away with it too, had he not ended up in the same motel as one of his earlier victims, who wasted no time in calling the cops.

Who is Chris Hamburg?

Beyond Moore’s TikTok and one local news story, there appears to be no information about Hamburg. Illinois Department of Corrections doesn’t appear to have Hamburg listed currently, so he is likely out on bail. Hamburg is reportedly charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor in Illinois that is punishable with jail time and/or a fine. It’s unclear where Hamburg is from, but he was taken to Vermilion County jail in Danville after his arrest. We also know he drives a white van, with one of the windows replaced with a piece of wood. 

One user on Facebook has created an account in Hamburg’s name and urged people to report him to the police. The account claims Hamburg is a “wanted pedophile and con artist”, who uses multiple names, and has several Facebook accounts. We could not verify this information, or the claim he is a “drifter”. The post also says Hamburg is from Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho, again information we could not verify.

It’s unclear when Moore encountered Hamburg, but his video quickly went viral at the end of August. Moore was in the passenger seat when he noticed Hamburg, who was “way ahead” pull to the side of the road. Once Moore and his friend went by, Hamburg reportedly took pictures of their plates and followed them. “We stopped to let him pass which sent him into a road rage fit,” Moore explained. When asked if there is a problem, Hamburg replies, “Do you have a problem, b—h?”

A screenshot from Moore’s TikTok showing Chris Hamburg. (TikTok)


Moore’s friend attempts to speed up and get away, leading Hamburg to attempt to force them off the road. Hamburg then opens his door and yells “gonna beat your fucking ass,” even as Moore and his friend attempt to get away. Eventually, they do so, near a construction site. Moore then says in a TikTok video, “There were sightings in three towns around that area, including people giving away that same license plate number, the same description of the van, same description of the dude, same actions.” He reportedly received photos and videos from users of Hamburg’s actions, including one aunt who claimed Hamburg “chased” her nine-year-old niece. 

One of Hamburg’s many victims was Helene Ellis, who encountered the serial rager in July. According to Ellis, she passed Hamburg’s car in Brookhill Road in Rantoul, when Hamburg made a u-turn, followed her, and tried to hit the back of Ellis’ car. She posted about the encounter on Facebook, which led to more victims coming out. One day, Ellis ended up at the Super 8 hotel in Rantoul, where she noticed Hamburg’s car. Ellis promptly called the cops, who arrested Hamburg on August 25 and took him to Vermilion County jail. Following his arrest, Moore posted “thank you everyone who helped get this guy off the road” on Facebook. Moore also said there are additional warrants in Hamburg’s name in Idaho and Wyoming, and is “hopeful” additional charges are brought. 

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514

Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Washington girl, 15, rams jogger with car to ‘scare him’, laughs about it as he dies



MAPLE VALLEY, WASHINGTON: A 15-year-old girl from Washington state intentionally rammed a jogger with a borrowed car and sped off, killing him on the spot. Reportedly, the girl laughed while narrating the incident to a friend later.

Taking her godmother’s car without permission, Kasama Smith went 50 mph, which is 5 mph over the speed limit supposed to be maintained. Charges against the suspect say that she hit Greg Moore, 53, when he was jogging at about 6 am on July 18 on a street in Maple Valley. “I’m going to scare him, I’m going to bump him,” Smith reportedly told a passenger in the car.


Rider kicked out of Lyft by furious driver who screamed ‘f**k your mom’ in WILD video

Anissa Weier: Teen in Slender Man stabbing to be on 24-hour watch after release

When the killing took place, a friend of Smith was following the Camry in another car. She reportedly heard a loud sound, and then saw “saw something fly into the air”, she told reporters. Hours later, Moore was found at the spot in a ditch in front of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, lying dead and without shoes.

Smith has been slapped with second-degree murder and hit-and-run charges. Moore’s wife is enraged that Smith is being tried as a teen and not an adult. “A family member (of the suspect) heard the individual laugh about the way Greg’s body flew up in the air when she hit him,” Michelle Moore said. She further said that since the car was doing 50 mph, calling the impact a “bump” is an understatement, and wrong. “It’s a ‘thrill kill’ is what it’s called,” Moore said. She had set up a website to find Smith, and offered a reward of $35,000. A GoFundMe page was created after the incident, and $41,291 was raised of the $100,000 goal when this report was published.

Greg Moore (second from right) with his family (

According to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, the case cannot be moved to adult court because of the accused’s age, and lack of a criminal record. “Even when juveniles are convicted as adults, Superior Court judges at sentencing can – and do in many cases – still follow the juvenile sentencing guidelines set by state lawmakers,” office spokesman Casey McNerthney told The Seattle Times.

Smith allegedly took her godmother’s car and killed Moore, but later lied to the car’s owner, claiming that she never even drove it. She said someone damaged the car with a bat. Reportedly, Smith spent several weeks following the murder in fear and concern, worried that friends might “snitch on her”. When Smith’s godmother watched surveillance footage of the car, she immediately recognized it as hers and approached the authorities. Smith, accompanied by her father, later turned herself in.

Continue Reading