The body of a 5-year-old boy was discovered by police in a shallow grave in Woodstock, Illinois and now his mother has pleaded guilty to his murder.
According to the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, mother Joanne Cunningham has been charged with first-degree murder and is facing 20 to 60 years in prison without parole for the death of her son, Andrew “A.J.” Freund.
JoAnn Cunningham pleaded guilty to murdering her 5-year-old son, A.J. Freund.
The incarcerated mother initially pleaded not guilty and requested a trial by jury. She has now entered into a “blind plea,” in which both parties agreed to the sentencing terms.
A.J. was wrapped in plastic and buried in a shallow grave on April 24. Autopsy results show he died of multiple blunt force injuries to the head.
A.J. Freund was found murdered on April 24. For months, his mom, JoAnn Cunningham, claimed she was innocent and refused to truthfully cooperate with authorities.
His father, Andrew Freund, Sr. initially called 911 to report him missing from the family home.
The parents told police that they had last seen A.J. when they put him to bed the night before on April 17.
Both parents were arrested and held on a $5 million bond. The father has pleaded not guilty.
Investigators found a cell phone video of A.J. who had been badly beaten. After offering an explanation for the events that preceded his son’s death, Andrew eventually led police to the grave, according to a court document obtained by PEOPLE.
Records show that the state’s Department of Child and Family Services had visited the family’s home at least 17 times since A.J.’s birth. A status hearing in Joanne’s case is scheduled for January 30.
What does the Eight of Wands tarot card mean?
THE EIGHT of Wands is a Minor Arcana tarot card that heads down a clear path toward the future.
The struggles you felt are gone now, and the future is bright and certain. Without the resistance inhibiting you along the way, you can be confident in your choices and pursue your aspirations.
What does The Eight of Wands tarot card mean?
In an upright position The Eight of Wands propels you toward your goals at such a pace that it will seem like a blur.
While The Seven of Wands card shows your struggles, The Eight of Wands reflects that those struggles have all but disappeared, leaving your path clear to pursue your ambitions with an open mind.
Now is the time to be exuberant as you approach every task and plow through one accomplishment after another.
If the card presents itself in reverse, it reflects you’re indecisive in your actions and are simply hopping from one task to the next without completing any of them.
You need to slow down and focus your attention. The possibility of a resistance to change is ever-present with this card, and you need to be wary and pay attention to your needs to focus on what the future might hold.
What are the Major Arcana cards in Tarot?
The Fool – Beginnings, innocence, spontaneity, a free spirit
The Magician – manifestation, resourcefulness, power
The High Priestess – intuition, sacred knowledge, divine feminine
The Empress – Femininity, beauty, nature
The Emperor – authority, establishment, structure
The Hierophant – spiritual wisdom
The Lovers – love, harmony, relationships
The Lovers – love, harmony, relationships
The Chariot – control, willpower, success
Justice – fairness, truth, law
Strength – strength, courage, influence
The Hermit – soul searching, inner guidance
Wheel of Fortune – good luck, karma, life cycles
The Hanged Man – pause, surrender, letting go
Death – endings, change, transitions
Temperance – balance, moderation, patience
The Devil – shadow self, addiction, restriction
The Tower – sudden change, upheaval, chaos
The Star – hope, faith, purpose, spirituality
The Moon – illusion, fear, anxiety
The Sun – positivity, fun, warmth, success
Judgment – rebirth, inner calling
The World – completion, accomplishment, travel
What does The Eight of Wands card look like?
Eight wooden posts, or wands, flying through the air with an arc toward the ground is imprinted on The Eight of Wands tarot card.
The symbolism indicates the end of something, the completion of a long journey and the symbolism that have arrived at your destination.
The card illustrates your potential and the lustrous greenery in the background shows that life and growth persist, while the wands reveal exciting times ahead.
Which star sign is associated with The Eight of Wands card?
The wand cards are associated with the fire star signs that include Sagittarius, Scorpio, and Leo.
Sagittarius is a visionary and links this star sign to The Eight of Wands because of their inability to worry about the details and move toward the future with a strong-headed determination.
The relatability of the two is evident through the Sagittarius’ personal ventures that are almost always a result of their open mind and motivation to wander, finding success in the deep corners of the world.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article
Are ‘Grocery’ Joe Amabile And Serena Pitt From ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Season 7 Still Together?
Grocery Store Joe Amabile and Serena Pitt have been total #relationshipgoals for most of Bachelor in Paradise season 7. They were basically attached at the hip—even after Joe’s ex, Kendall Long, arrived to stir the pot.
All season long, these two have seemed unshakeable. Even Kendall explaining that she wasn’t over their breakup wasn’t enough to convince Joe to leave Serena—and Kendall’s self-elimination not long after was heartbreaking to watch. Days later, the couple admitted they were falling head over heels in love with each other (aw!).
After watching their relationship blossom on the beach, it’s only fair to wonder if these two are still the apple of each other’s eye. Luckily, Reality Steve has all the deets (and photo evidence!) you’re looking for.
Here’s the scoop on Joe and Serena’s current relationship status:
Warning! Major spoilers ahead: Stop reading here if you don’t want to know what happens on the rest of this season of Bachelor in Paradise.
Were Joe and Serena dating before Paradise?
Probably not. It seems unlikely that Joe and Serena had a pre-Paradise connection, but who knows? Joe and Kendall officially announced their split in January 2020 after dating for more than a year, according to People.
While there isn’t any insider info that points to a pre-show relationship between Joe and Serena, Paradise didn’t start filming until spring 2021. So there was definitely plenty of time for a flirty DM or two before the pair hit the beach.
ICYMI, here’s a refresher on Joe:
A post shared by Joe Amabile (@joeamabile1)
A post shared by Serena Pitt (@serena_pitt)
Do Joe and Serena make it to the season finale?
They sure do! Reality Steve wrote on his blog that this lucky pair is one of three to end this season with a proposal. “Joe and Serena are engaged,” he explained. The other couples to also pop the question are Riley and Maurissa and Kenny and Mari.
Congrats on the Neil Lane sparkler!
Are they still together IRL?
All signs point to yes. Back in July, Reality Steve Tweeted a sneaky pic of Joe and Serena cozied up next to each other. “Grocery Joe & Serena Pitt today at a rooftop pool in Chicago…” he captioned the snap.
Source: Read Full Article
19 Featherlight Fall Dresses That Won’t Weigh You Down
Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Fall is all about wearing more layers, more fabric, more warm accessories, etc. We love the coziness that longer sleeves and longer hems can bring, but when you’re layering with a fleece pullover or a wool coat, it can sometimes feel like a bit much. The moment we start to feel physically weighed down by our clothing is the moment we need to make a change.
That’s why this fall, we’re concentrating on buying dresses that are super, super lightweight. We still want them to fit the season — we’re not buying bright, floral mini dresses — but we want them to keep us feeling free and ready to take on the day in style. Sound like a plan to you? Then check out our 19 picks below!
19 Featherlight Dresses for Fall
Solid Layering Dresses
1. Need a dress to wear under your sherpa denim jacket or moto jacket? We love this long-sleeve MOLERANI T-shirt dress — and how it has a little flow to it!
2. If you prefer something more fitted, check out this BTFBM dress. The ruching is so flattering!
3. Treat yourself by splurging a little on this Jenni Kayne T-shirt dress. It’s long, but it’s made of linen, making it super lightweight for masterful layering!
4. With a midi hem and a mock neckline, this stretchy Halogen dress will upgrade any casual look. It’s so versatile though!
Wedding Guest Dresses
5. This HUHOT velvet dress is a head-turner for sure. It’s short to keep things light, and the colors are so perfect for fall!
6. Get ready to stun in this Reformation dress. It’s made of 100% silk charmeuse and we love every detail, from the mock neckline to the high slit!
7. When paired with some pumps and some sparkling jewelry, this plunging ruffle Eytino dress will make you the star of any wedding photo booth. The back is gorgeous too!
8. Some sweaterdresses can feel like wearing sandbags. This Daily Ritual dress, however, keeps things light while still maintaining its softness!
9. If you want fabric with some thickness to it, minus the weight, then add this MEROKEETY dress to your cart!
10. This new Madewell polo sweaterdress instantly caught our attention. Unique, cozy and such an easy way to elevate your style!
11. Comfy-chic is alive and well thanks to pieces like this BB Dakota by Steve Madden dress from Nordstrom. The dropped shoulder seams and cuffed sleeves are everything!
12. This Everlane dress is made of super lightweight and breathable cotton, but its mock neckline and tiers make it an unmistakable staple for fall. Pair with ankle socks and booties!
13. This long-sleeve Floerns dress easily caught our eye while scrolling on Amazon. The print! The swingy skirt! The high neckline! Obsessed!
14. With a square neckline, smocked torso and flouncy long sleeves, this other Floerns dress was bound to capture our hearts. This is a flawless way to transition florals into fall!
15. Denim jackets are always on trend for fall, but how about denim dresses? This Zilcremo shirtdress is our favorite because of its frayed cuffs and hem!
16. Wear it as a nightgown at night or transform it into a streetwear staple. This Ekouaer dress can do it all. We also love the pocket, of course!
17. This Skims henley dress‘ mega-soft modal fabric is like a dream. Totally nap-worthy — though you could also wear this with thigh-high boots!
18. This Lunya overlay dress is made of a thermo-regulating silk to keep you feeling light and cool. The loose silhouette is all kinds of cozy!
19. Looking to go into full chill mode? Grab this Romwe dress and settle in with a Netflix movie marathon and snacks!
15 Non-Puffy Layering Pieces for Sleek and Chic Fall Looks
Browse fashion, beauty and health products. Also, check out our gift guides.
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as face masks, self tanners, Lululemon-style leggings and all the best gifts for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected] Happy shopping!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!
Source: Read Full Article
- Crime & Tragedy1 week ago
Man who raped and killed Britain’s worst pedophile Richard Huckle wanted him to ‘feel what those children felt’
- Family11 months ago
Angola: Mother on deathbed says 12-year-old son is offspring of human-chimpanzee love affair
- Crime7 months ago
BURGLAR SUES HOMEOWNER AFTER BEING RAPED BY GERMAN SHEPHERDS WHILE STUCK IN HOUSE’S PET DOOR
- Life1 week ago
‘Unmasked, unmuzzled, unvaccainated’ mother-of-four dies of COVID
- Crime & Tragedy2 weeks ago
Madeleine McCann: Christian Brueckner’s ex says he abused her 5-year-old daughter and took photos during act
- Crime & Tragedy2 months ago
Who was Gloria Satterfield? Murdaugh murders linked to family housekeeper’s death
- Majestic11 months ago
23-Year Old Mother Made History With A Birth That Only Happens Every 480 Years
- wsn1 month ago
Bachelor Party Hikers Saw Angela Tramonte And Police Officer Date Before She Was Found Dead: ‘It Did Not Appear To Be Amicable’