A British woman has revealed that she was dumped by her boyfriend when he saw her skin without makeup. Sophia Ridlington, who suffers from psoriasis, has experienced flare-ups of her inflammatory skin condition over the years, leaving her with painful cracked skin. However, instead of choosing to support her and love her regardless, her ex ditched her. What a jerk!
1. PSORIASIS CAN BE A DEVASTATING CONDITION.In addition to making sufferers more self-conscious about their appearance, flare-ups can cause excruciating pain. “My skin often cracks and bleeds, which causes me so much pain,” Sophia told Caters News. “Now, I’ve learned how to cover my face properly. I love doing my makeup, and it gives me something to focus on.” She added: “Looking at my face covered in red itchy sores was horrendous. It affects me from head to toe but I’ve only really cared about my face as that’s what everyone sees.”
2. HER EX COULDN’T HANDLE THE REALITY OF SOPHIA’S CONDITION.While having psoriasis doesn’t change who Sophia is as a person or how beautiful she is inside and out, her ex couldn’t cope. “My ex-boyfriend didn’t stick by me, and it broke my heart at the time; he didn’t appreciate me for who I was,” she admitted. “I used to wear long sleeves or long trousers every single time I left the house. It’s very difficult to have people staring at you as if you’re different to them.”
3. SPONSORED: THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…
4. SOPHIA IS NOW A PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP ARTIST.Not only does she look fabulous in the photos she posts to her Instagram account, but she also hopes to help others to feel good about themselves as well. To that end, she shares photos of her makeup-free skin as well as her fully done looks. “I hope to encourage people in a similar position to be comfortable with their psoriasis. I’ve already received so much support on social media and people in a similar position always ask me how I cope through it,” she said.
5. PSORIASIS OR NOT, SOPHIA LOOKS AMAZING!And the guy who dumped her was a chump who seriously missed out on someone who seems like a really awesome woman. His loss!