The gender reveal fails are completely out of hand at this point. We’ve reported on several gender reveal stunts that have resulted in devastation including one incident that ended with a plane crash and another that resulted in death. People need to take a dose of chill and calm down about their babies’ private parts.
A couple in Florida caused the latest calamity in a long history of gender reveal catastrophes. Things got hotter than usual for the couple who sparked a 10-acre fire in Brevard County and they could be facing jail time.
The gender reveal stunt from the sunshine state occurred when the area was under a ‘burn ban.’
The Brevard County Fire Rescue responded to calls about a brush fire that the firefighters assumed was naturally caused because the area was under a strict “burn ban” that prohibited any man-made fires by residents.
However, Brevard County Fire Rescue Chief Mark Schollmeyer and other officials quickly came to the conclusion that the cause of the fire was a result of a gender reveal stunt gone wrong.
Then, firefighters were requested at a home, and they assumed the fire had been caused by fireworks.
“We were informed that it was caused by gender reveal using Tannerite and a weapon,” Schollmeyer told WESH. “Something as seemingly innocent as a gender reveal can turn into a large-scale disaster where homes are threatened.”
Tannerite is an explosive that many gun-lovers like to shoot because it causes an explosion when agitated.
The fire went from bad to worse and was described as ‘fast-moving under heavy fuel.’
The fire would go on to burn 10-acres of the Grant-Valkaria Region before being contained, the Florida Forest Services and county fire officials said. Fortunately, no homes were damaged in the blaze but officials are strongly urging locals to heed their warnings and the rules of the burn ban.
“Especially during all these potential COVID responses and medical responses, it can quickly overwhelm resources, and by that, I mean, it will leave no resources to respond to those medical calls when needed,” Schollmeyer said.
It’s unclear whether the people who allegedly started the fire as part of their gender reveal have been fined.
The burn ban prohibits any “open burning” activities like trash burning, bonfires, and campfires. The ban was put in place because dry conditions in the area are conducive to massive fires like the one the expecting couple probably caused.
Those who violate the order can be subject to punishment in the form of a $500 fine or even jail time. It would be a sad state of affairs if the couple who wanted to celebrate their unborn baby ended up behind bars.
We’re glad local officials and firefighters got this unnecessary and completely avoidable fire under control. Please follow the rules people.