Plans for a tiny home loft with decrease bed room, storage drawers, and hidden couch that converts to a visitor mattress.
- 2 – 4X4 @ 6 FEET LONG
- 14 – 2X4 @ Eight FEET LONG
- 1 – 2X8 @ Eight FEET LONG
- 2 – 2X8 @ 10 FEET LONG
- 3 – 1X6 @ Eight FEET LONG
- 2X6 TONGUE AND GROOVE FOR UPSTAIRS LOFT OF OTHER FLOORING
- 1 SHEET OF 1/4″ PLYWOOD FOR DRAWER BOTTOMS/SHOE STORAGE BACKS
- 1 SHEET OF BEADBOARD, PANELING OR 1X6 T&G FOR BACK OF WALL
- 1 SHEET OF 3/4″ PLYWOOD FOR DRAWER/DOOR FACES
- 2-1/2″ POCKET HOLE SCREWS
- 2-3/4″ SELF TAPPING WOOD SCREWS (SPAX OR SIMILAR)
- 5″ LAG SCREWS FOR ATTACHING 4X4 TO WALL (JUST NEED A FEW)
- 1-1/4″ NAILS FOR ATTACHING SLATS TO FRAMING AND WALL MATERIAL BACKING
- 3 – 24″ BOTTOM SIDE MOUNT DRAWER SLIDES (WHITE)
- Four SETS OF HINGES IF HINGES ARE NOT SELF CLOSING MAY NEED CLASPS OR HASPS
- 6 KNOBS OR HANDLES
- BLACK PIPE FOR LADDER AND RAILING
Dimensions proven above. Will be modified to suit totally different areas.
- 1 – 4×4 @ 52″
- 1 – 4×4 @ 71″
- 4 – 2×4 @ 53″
- 2 – 2X4 @ 13″ – LADDER SUPPORTS
- 1 – 2X4 @ 8″ – LADDER SUPPORT
- 1 – 1/4″ PLYWOOD OR PANELING @ 45-3/4″ X 60″
- 1 – 3/4″ PLYWOOD @ 52-3/4″ X 12-3/4″ (HIDDEN STORAGE DOOR)
- 2 – 2×4 @ 80″
- 4 – 2×4 @ 16-1/2″
- 1 – 2X8 @ 80″
- 4 – 2X8 @ 58-1/2″
QUEEN BED DRAWERS (CUT TO FIT)
- 6 – 1×6 @ 24″
- 4 – 1×6 @ 22″
- 2 – 1×6 @ 22-1/2″
- 2 – 1/4″ plywood @ 24″ x 23-1/2″
- 1 – 1/4″ plywood @ 24″ x 24″
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood or 1x8s ripped to suit 7″ x 24-1/4″
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood or 1x8s ripped to suit 7″ x 24-3/4″
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood 16-1/4″ x 24-1/4″
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood 16-1/4″ x 24-3/4″
- Mattress slats are whole of 80″ lengthy
WALL CLEATS 1 – 2×4 @ 76″
- 1 – 2X4 @ 80″
- 1 – 2X4 @ LENGTH OF ROOM (OURS WAS 94-1/2″)
LOFT FLOOR FRAMING
- 1 – 2X4 @ 60″
- 4 – 2X4 @ 82″
- 2X6 TONGUE AND GROOVE FOR FLOORING/CEILING
Construct the principle wall system. One of the simplest ways to connect into the 4×4 posts is with a Kreg Jig, hiding pocket holes on underside.
Step 2 Directions:
Subsequent, construct the 2×4 mattress assist. We made ours utilizing the self tapping wooden screws (2-3/4″ size however comparable lengths would work simply superb). Be sure this space may be very sq.. Then connect the 2 items to the partitions within the room and collectively utilizing the 2-3/4″ screws. You will have longer lag screws to connect 4x4s to the wall.
Step Three Directions:
Use a stage to connect wall cleats to studs within the wall utilizing the 2-3/4″ screws.
Step 5 Directions:
The one factor I might change on this loft mattress system is the ladder. There are two issues I didn’t like about how we did ours – 1. Iron pipe solely comes threaded in sure lengths. So we needed to reduce iron pipe and weld to becoming to get the widths to work out excellent. 2. With the span in our pipes, the pipes will sag when heavier folks climb the ladder. So I counsel and enchancment to my unique design by including 2×4 blocking contained in the framing, spaced to suit your iron pipe fittings. This may clear up the 2 points now we have.
Step 6 Directions:
I made a decision to make use of the 2x8s to assist the mattress as a result of it creates a pleasant sized cavity for drawers. 2×4 or 2×6 framing would have been superb too in case you are not doing the drawers. If doing drawers take further care to verify the boards are hooked up sq. so you do not have a cockeyed drawer that does not slide proper.
Step 7 Directions:
We used leftover 1×6 tongue and groove from the wall paneling to cowl the again of the “wall” however any materials will do – beadboard, paneling, plywood – your alternative. It is good that this space is lower than a full sheet of plywood. Simply reduce and connect with nails and glue.
Step Eight Directions:
We used 2×6 tongue and groove for the upstairs loft. You could possibly most likely get away with 1x materials, however undecided if I might suggest it with the span over the doorway being so near 36″. Another choice is 3/4″ plywood, then high with 3/4″ hardwood flooring working the wrong way.
Step 9 Directions:
Drawers ought to at all times be constructed to suit openings and drawer slides. The image reveals the proper state of affairs. For the shoe tilt out drawers I simply used 1x3s to field out an space, and scrap 1/4″ plywood on the again, all hooked up to the door (see subsequent step).
Step 10 Directions:
Connect drawer faces and doorways. There needs to be an 1/8″ hole on all sides of the doorways/drawers when put in correctly.
For the mattress slats, I used a full size board (entrance edge painted) for the primary slat, then burned up any 3/4″ materials for the remaining slats, splicing joints over the 2×8 framing.
I hinged a bit of three/4″ plywood over the opening within the entrance. We reduce a circle out within the center to behave as a deal with.
Retailer purchased black iron pipe is a simple railing (although not code authorized so please be cheap and secure right here) and ladder.