When a popular Instagram star from Russia was celebrating her twenty-ninth birthday, she decided to do something “fun” that ended up killing three innocent people. Because the popular Russian Instagram personality was eager to get more and more people to follow her on the social media platform, she dropped dry ice into a swimming pool and endued up sending people to the hospital in a shocking display of ignorance and Russian contempt for life.
The Instagram personality, Ekaterina Didenko, was eager to make a splash at her birthday party. That’s why she filmed the entire thing and was delighted when her husband, Valentin, 32, dumped a huge collection of fifty-five pounds of dry ice into the swimming pool. Friends then jumped into the frigid water.
Valentin thought that he would make this wife delighted by creating “an impressive steam show” by dumping the dry ice into the swimming pool. Instead, three people wound up dead – but Didenko has more fans on Instagram than before the people were killed.
Within minutes of Valentin’s stunt, people at the birthday party started fainting. He had flooded the air with carbon monoxide – a toxic substance known for its ability to kill people – with his foolish stunt at the Russian woman’s birthday party.
Didenko was among the many who were rushed to the hospital. Her fans were eager to learn her fate as rumors started spreading that she was one of the people who Valentin’s stunt had killed. This rumor only made her gain more followers and turned her into a hot item on Instagram.
“I am alive. I am behind the doors of an intensive care ward,” she said, reports Daily Mail.
Because the incident included her in the damage, she did not know who Valentin had killed with his stunt to impress the guests.
“I don’t know who died…Valya (husband Valentin) is in intensive care. I don’t know what state he is in.”
In the end, the dry ice stunt killed Natalia Monakova and Yuri Alferov. Didenko’s husband also died from the stunt he pulled to gain his popular wife more popularity.
“Nastya (daughter) woke up today – ‘Where is daddy?’ I do not know what to say to her…She is asking me: ‘Why are you crying?”’
In a candid video where she spoke to her nearly one million followers on Instagram “(My husband) is not with us anymore or Natasha (Natalia) or Yura (Yuri).”
Didenko was stunned that her husband accidentally killed himself in the stunt, trying to get her more popular on the Russian underground of social media.
“I can’t say anything. I did not cry yesterday…today I just exploded. I thought it was not true. It was a nightmare.”
Didenko is a pharmacist and often shares videos promoting drugs and various medicines for home use.
The New York Health Department warns about using dry ice: “Dry ice can be a very serious hazard in a small space that isn’t well-ventilated. As dry ice melts, it turns into carbon dioxide gas. In a small space, this gas can build up. If enough carbon dioxide gas is present, a person can become unconscious, and in some cases, die.” It added, “Symptoms of overexposure to carbon dioxide include headache and difficulty breathing, and with greater exposure, nausea and vomiting.”