Connect with us

Crime

‘Take Me Home Tonight’ Singer Eddie Money Passes Away Battle With Cancer

Published

on

Just two months after his family’s latest public update regarding singer Eddie Money’s health, the 70-year-old rockstar passed away on September 13.

Eddie Money is one of the most well-known musicians to come from the 70s and 80s. The singer has multiple chart-topping hits including, “Two Tickets to Paradise,” “Take Me Home Tonight,” and “Baby Hold On.”

On July 11, a statement was posted on Money’s official Instagram page.

The statement read:

Hey everyone – the Money family wanted to give a quick update. Eddie is recovering and doing well, but has decided to postpone all tour dates and the album release. While it was a very hard decision to make, focusing on Eddie’s health is the most important thing to the family at the moment.

Eddie can’t wait to get back out there on stage and share new music with you! Thank you all for your love and support, it mean the world.

All the best,

The $ Family

According to Rolling Stone, Money’s passing comes after a battle with stage four esophageal cancer. He also underwent heart valve surgery in July, according to his Instagram, and developed pneumonia during the recovery process.

During his reality show, “Real Money ” on AXS Tv, the singer said of his cancer diagnosis:

“What I don’t want to do is I don’t want to keep the fact that I have cancer from everybody. It’s not honest. I want to be honest with everybody. I want people to know that cancer [treatment] has come a long way and not everybody dies from cancer like they did in the Fifties and Sixties. Am I going to live a long time? Who knows? It’s in God’s hands.”

his passing, his family issued an exclusive statement to Rolling Stone. It read:

“The Money Family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning. It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.”

In a 2018 interview with Rolling Stone, Money said he was going to keep playing and keep making money until he was rich.

He also added that he loved the fact that his tour was helping out his children as well:

“I’m helping my kids out. I got my son back there on drums, my other kid’s great on rhythm guitar, my daughter is dancing around like it’s her first gig. I feel very fortunate that I’m still doing what I’m doing.”

Rest in peace, Eddie Money.

Continue Reading

Crime

Man facing assault charges for attack in George Washington University campus parking garage

Published

on

A 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection to an attempted sexual assault in a D.C. parking garage that left a woman severely injured earlier this month, police said.

A 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection to an attempted sexual assault in a D.C. parking garage that left a woman severely injured earlier this month, police said.

On Oct. 4, a woman was assaulted while walking in a George Washington University parking garage, police said. The suspect attempted to force the woman into a sexual act during the assault.

On Wednesday, D.C. and George Washington University police announced that Omar Williams, of no fixed address, had been arrested and charged with assault with intent to commit first-degree sexual abuse while armed, and aggravated assault while armed.

Police said the woman was seriously injured in the assault, and that her injuries required hospitalization.

During the investigation into Williams, police said they connected him to two other violent crimes in Northwest D.C.

On Sept. 25, a woman reported being knocked down and robbed of her purse. The victim then ran from the scene.

The other assault happened on Aug. 30, when a suspect walked into a business on the 600 block of Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, grabbed some merchandise and attempted to leave. A person tried to intervene, and the suspect assaulted them, police said.

George Washington University Police Chief James Tate thanked D.C. police for their help in locating a suspect in the case.

“I also want to thank the GW community for its support during this investigation, and for his patience and allowing us to do our work behind the scenes — thank you,” Tate said.

WTOP’s Kristi King contributed to this report.

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2021 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

Continue Reading

Crime

Charges filed against owner of escaped zebras in Prince George’s County

Published

on

Charges have been filed against the owner of several zebras that have been running around loose in Prince George’s County, Maryland, for almost two months, and another zebra that belonged to him has been found dead.

Charges have been filed against the owner of several zebras that have been running around loose in Prince George’s County, Maryland, for almost two months, and another zebra that belonged to him has been found dead.

Three animal cruelty charges were filed Tuesday in Prince George’s County District Court against Jerry Holly, 76, of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, who has a herd of nearly 40 zebras on his property along Duley Station Road. Prince George’s County Animal Services Chief Rodney Taylor said the herd was moved to Maryland from Florida in late summer, The Associated Press reported.

The charges are animals at large, cruelty and neglect and manner of keeping/nuisance. All relate to the three zebras that escaped from the farm on Aug. 26.



The charging documents say the zebras have not received the care they require during the more than 50 days they have been on the loose.

It was revealed last week that one of the escaped zebras got caught in a snare trap and died in September.

According to charging documents, the trap was just 2 feet away from the fenced zebra enclosure. Snare traps are illegal in Prince George’s County, and an investigation into who set it is ongoing.

The documents go on to say that an investigating officer from Maryland Natural Resources Police thinks the animal most likely died from dehydration after several days of struggling in the trap. The officer said, in his opinion, the animal should have been seen or heard while it was dying if the caretaker had attended to his animals.

By the time natural resources police responded on Sept. 16, the animal was completely decomposed and the cause of its death could not be determined.

Another zebra that was not one of the escapees, was found dead Tuesday on Holly’s property. The charging documents say that animal had been dead long enough for rigor mortis to set in.

Efforts to capture the two zebras that are still running free continue, and the Department of the Environment (DoE) for Prince George’s County says it has inspected the property every two to three business days since they first escaped.

As the DoE investigates, it has chosen not to impound the surviving zebra herd. But it is exploring the possibility of getting help from animal sanctuaries if the decision is made to remove the zebras from the farm.

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.

© 2021 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

Continue Reading

Crime

Police: Boy stabbed elementary school classmate

Published

on

Petersburg police say a boy took a knife to his elementary school and stabbed a 6-year-old classmate during recess.

PETERSBURG, Va. — Petersburg police say a boy took a knife to his elementary school and stabbed a 6-year-old classmate during recess.

WWBT-TV reports that police said the attack happened Tuesday at Walnut Hill Elementary School and the school notified parents on Wednesday.

The student used a pocketknife, injuring another 6-year-old boy from his earlobe to his face.

The injured student is expected to be OK and police say it was an isolated incident between those two students. No one else was hurt.

After consulting with the Commonwealth’s Attorney, police say the child who brought the knife is not expected to face criminal charges.

Copyright
© 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

Continue Reading

Trending