Connect with us

Crime & Tragedy

Mom’s jealous girlfriend forced toddler daughter’s hands into SCALDING water – leaving her with horror scars



A MOM-of-one has revealed how her jealous girlfriend forced her daughter’s hands into scalding water – scarring her for life.

Anita Grant, a 31-year-old Minnesota native, fell in love with her co-worker, 24- year-old Anike Tatiaramika Jiles, back in 2018.

Anita Grant, right, is pictured with her daughter Leah, who suffered second and third-degree burns
Anita Grant, right, is pictured with her daughter Leah, who suffered second and third-degree burnsCredit: HotSpot Media
Leah’s hands were forced into a sink of boiling water by her mom's girlfriend
Leah’s hands were forced into a sink of boiling water by her mom’s girlfriendCredit: HotSpot Media

But months into their relationship, Jiles became envious of Anita’s four-year-old daughter Leah.

While babysitting, Jiles forced Leah’s hands into a sink of boiling water, leaving her with second and third degree burns.

In July 2019, Jiles was jailed for 17 years for the cold-blooded attack.

Anita, a stay-at-home mom, has slammed Anike as a monster and insisted she will “never forgive her.”

She said: “I believed she hated how much I loved Leah and wanted me all to herself.”

Anita met Jiles in April 2018 at a McDonald’s where they worked.

Two weeks later, Jiles asked Anita out on a date and they hit it off.

In July 2019, Anike Tatiaramika Jiles pleaded guilty to first-degree assault involving great bodily harm, third-degree assault and child endangerment

In July 2019, Anike Tatiaramika Jiles pleaded guilty to first-degree assault involving great bodily harm, third-degree assault and child endangermentCredit: HotSpot Media

Anita explained: “After a few weeks of dating, I told Anike that I had a 22-month old daughter.

“I explained how Leah’s dad had suddenly passed away the year before and that I couldn’t wait for her to meet her.

“But Anike told me she wasn’t a kid person. I said Leah would grow on her.

“I put it down to her not having been around any kids before, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.”

After that, Anita tried to arrange for her girlfriend to meet Leah, however, Jiles made up an excuse every time.

“After asking constantly, Anike finally agreed to go shopping with us. Leah gave her a big smile but Anike just grumbled ‘Hi’ and avoided eye contact with her,” Anita recalled.

“For the next two hours, Anike pretended she wasn’t there. It was infuriating.”

One month later, in May 2018, Anita asked Jiles to babysit Leah while she was at work, in a desperate attempt for them to bond, which Jiles reluctantly agreed to.

Anita said: “Afterwards, Leah came home with two small marks on her cheek. There was also a mark on her back.

“I realized Anike must have done it. I called her immediately but she denied it.”

When Leah's mom first saw her in the hospital, she said: 'Her precious, tiny hands had been mutilated'

When Leah’s mom first saw her in the hospital, she said: ‘Her precious, tiny hands had been mutilated’Credit: HotSpot Media
Anita is pictured with her daughter shortly after she was born

Anita is pictured with her daughter shortly after she was born credit: HotSpot Media

Anita then rushed her daughter to A&E at Children’s Minnesota Hospital but the doctor said Leah must have fallen and he brushed off her concerns.

She said she urged the hospital and police to investigate Leah’s injuries.

“But days later, they confirmed the marks did not indicate signs of child abuse,” Anita said.

After that, Jiles was furious with Anita.

Anita said: “I felt awful for falsely accusing her and begged for her forgiveness. Thankfully, she forgave me.”

The following week, Anita had to cancel a date they’d arranged because she couldn’t find a babysitter for Leah.

“Anike went crazy and told me that I focused too much on my daughter,” Anita recounted.

“She said Leah would always come first and hung up. I knew in my heart I needed to break up with her.”

Leah was discharged from the hospital four months after the incident

Leah was discharged from the hospital four months after the incidentCredit: HotSpot Media

The following night, Anita was unexpectedly called into work for a night shift – which she accepted because her “bills were overdue” and she “couldn’t say no.”

“I rang around my friends to babysit but they were all busy,” she said.

Desperate for help, Anita had no choice but to ask Jiles.

Anita said: “I said Leah would be asleep all night and I’d be back at 6am.

“Thankfully, she agreed. Relieved, I rushed to her house and put Leah into bed before going to work.”

But 30 minutes into her shift, Anita got a call from Jiles, telling her Leah was in Regions Hospital, Saint Paul, Minnesota.

When Anita got the news, she said: “I froze. I asked what happened but she hung up.

“When I got into taxi, a detective called me and told me Leah had severe second and third degree burns. I was hysterical.”

When Leah returned home from the hospital, her mom recalled her not being able to 'pick up a pen or hold a cup'
When Leah returned home from the hospital, her mom recalled her not being able to ‘pick up a pen or hold a cup credit: HotSpot Media

When Anita arrived at the hospital, Jiles was nowhere to be seen.

A doctor informed Anita that Jiles was claiming Leah had been washing her hands and turned on the hot water tap on by accident.

Anita said: “But a detective said there were no splatter marks on Leah’s hands from where the water would’ve hit.

“Instead, it was clear they had been submerged underwater.

“Anike had held her hands under the boiling water for several minutes and tortured my baby. I wanted to kill her.”

When Anita was eventually let into the hospital room, she said she found Leah unconscious.

Anita explained: “There was white puss and blood leaking out of her dressings. Her precious, tiny hands had been mutilated.”

The next day, Leah received a skin graft using donor skin while Jiles was arrested.

Four months later, Leah was discharged from hospital.

Anita, pictured, recounted the multiple attempts she made at trying to get her girlfriend to meet her daughter

Anita, pictured, recounted the multiple attempts she made at trying to get her girlfriend to meet her daughter credit: HotSpot Media

“Leah couldn’t pick up a pen or hold a cup,” Anita said. “Doctors even strapped a paintbrush to her toes so she could paint.”

In July 2019, Anike Tatiaramika Jiles, 24, of Burnsville, Minnesota, pleaded guilty to a first-degree assault involving great bodily harm, third-degree assault, and child endangerment at Dakota County District Court.

She was jailed for 17 years.

Anita has revealed that the journey has been a long process, but “Leah is healing.”

“She wears special burns gloves everywhere and is slowly learning to write and eat again,” Anita said.

“Every day, I live with the guilt of letting Anike into our lives. But I also blame the police for dismissing the abuse signs. They failed my daughter.”


Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Mark Redwine: Dad killed 13-yr-old son after boy found pics of him in women’s underwear eating feces



COLORADO: A 13-year-old was reportedly killed by his father after he found ‘compromising’ photos of him eating feces from a diaper while wearing women’s underwear. The murder trial of Mark Redwine, 59 began on June 21. Prosecutors claimed in the opening statement that Mark ‘flew into a rage’ on the night of November 18, 2012, when his teenage son Dylan might have mentioned or shown him his ‘compromising pictures’.

Mark Redwine is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death of Dylan. In similar incidents of child abuse and murder, an Arkansas father was convicted of murdering his six-year-old son by sexually assaulting him with a stick. He was sentenced to death in November 2016. In June 2021, a Tennessee father was found guilty of murdering his autistic, nonverbal toddler son in 2018. A Florida father and son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide on May 21, after the child’s mother had alerted authorities requesting the child be removed from the father’s care.


Ronnie Oneal: Man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter, grills son in court

Unstable father who killed five-year-old son thinking he was ‘the devil’ charged with murder

Prosecutor Fred Johnson said in his opening statement, “A damaged relationship, exposed with compromising photographs, photographs in the hands of a 13-year-old who is disgusted by it, which triggered a violent rage in the defendant.” During Thanksgiving 2012, Dylan disappeared from Redwine’s Vallecito home during a court-ordered visit. According to the Denver Post, the boy’s remains were found by 2013 and 2014. Johnson further mentioned that prosecutors intend to prove that Redwine killed Dylan in his living room and then dumped his body off a trail near his home. Afterwards, he misled the investigators for months to cover up his crime. Traces of Dylan’s blood were found in Redwine’s living room and his body was found without his wallet or backpack.

Redwine’s public defender, John Moran, argued that Dylan had no interest in visiting his father and suggested he could have been attacked by a bear or mountain lion after running away, claiming a tooth mark was found on his skull. He further said that Dylan had previously confronted him (Redwine) about the fetish photos during a cross-country trip. There was no way the prosecutors will be able to prove a connection between Dylan’s death and the photos. Moran said that the photos “come from deep within Mark’s private life.” “If the prosecution could find an expert to say people who do that are more likely to kill their child, that information would be given to you … Mr Redwine did not kill his child,” he added. Moran also noted that no evidence tied his client to the boy’s death.

“Mr Redwine, in addition to being innocent, lost everything. He lost it all, and now he sits here with this demand for wrongful conviction, ” Moran said. According to KUSA, Redwine worked as a trucker in Washington when he was arrested. Dylan’s older brother, Cory, who previously claimed he saw the sordid images of his father as well, called for ‘justice’ in his brother’s death in November 2020. Cory wrote on Facebook, “Dylan needs strength from more than just us and I can’t begin to explain how much every single person that knows his story is a part of that! Every day a kid is forgotten by the legal system and that is not ok!!”

The trial was postponed after multiple delays in the case. It is expected to last until mid-July, with testimonies to start on June 22.

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514

Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Chris Hamburg: Serial road rager filmed by TikToker trying to run car off road



RANTOUL, ILLINOIS: A serial road rager was finally arrested, months after harassing numerous drivers, thanks to one TikTok user. Chris Hamburg was recorded by user Kaleb Moore attempting to run Moore’s friend’s car off the road. The incident quickly went viral, with other users also complaining that they were victims of Hamburg, leading to his eventual arrest on August 25. It appears Hamburg has troubled man drivers in his beat-up van and is now facing charges of disorderly conduct.

Despite facing threats of bans, TikTok has proved to be a vital source for people to out anti-social Americans. On August 17, TikTok user Lisette went viral after she was recorded ranting at gym users who came in front of her camera while attempting to record work out TikToks. Days before that, TikToker Heather Brown recorded a White woman grabbing her son, to block him from entering the community pool. We also reported on Denise Bradley aka Aunt Karen, who used her TikToks to out racist CEO Eileen Cure. 


Florida girl, 4, shot dead in car while suspect targets her mom from another car

Kendell Matthews: SHOCKING video of man shooting at pickup in ‘road rage’ goes viral

While most cases have just gone viral and led to public condemnation, Moore’s TikTok led the police to act, and arrest Hamburg after much public pressure. Reportedly, numerous people have been subject to Hamburg’s road rage, which Moore called “completely sickening”. In fact, he would’ve probably gotten away with it too, had he not ended up in the same motel as one of his earlier victims, who wasted no time in calling the cops.

Who is Chris Hamburg?

Beyond Moore’s TikTok and one local news story, there appears to be no information about Hamburg. Illinois Department of Corrections doesn’t appear to have Hamburg listed currently, so he is likely out on bail. Hamburg is reportedly charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor in Illinois that is punishable with jail time and/or a fine. It’s unclear where Hamburg is from, but he was taken to Vermilion County jail in Danville after his arrest. We also know he drives a white van, with one of the windows replaced with a piece of wood. 

One user on Facebook has created an account in Hamburg’s name and urged people to report him to the police. The account claims Hamburg is a “wanted pedophile and con artist”, who uses multiple names, and has several Facebook accounts. We could not verify this information, or the claim he is a “drifter”. The post also says Hamburg is from Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and Idaho, again information we could not verify.

It’s unclear when Moore encountered Hamburg, but his video quickly went viral at the end of August. Moore was in the passenger seat when he noticed Hamburg, who was “way ahead” pull to the side of the road. Once Moore and his friend went by, Hamburg reportedly took pictures of their plates and followed them. “We stopped to let him pass which sent him into a road rage fit,” Moore explained. When asked if there is a problem, Hamburg replies, “Do you have a problem, b—h?”

A screenshot from Moore’s TikTok showing Chris Hamburg. (TikTok)


Moore’s friend attempts to speed up and get away, leading Hamburg to attempt to force them off the road. Hamburg then opens his door and yells “gonna beat your fucking ass,” even as Moore and his friend attempt to get away. Eventually, they do so, near a construction site. Moore then says in a TikTok video, “There were sightings in three towns around that area, including people giving away that same license plate number, the same description of the van, same description of the dude, same actions.” He reportedly received photos and videos from users of Hamburg’s actions, including one aunt who claimed Hamburg “chased” her nine-year-old niece. 

One of Hamburg’s many victims was Helene Ellis, who encountered the serial rager in July. According to Ellis, she passed Hamburg’s car in Brookhill Road in Rantoul, when Hamburg made a u-turn, followed her, and tried to hit the back of Ellis’ car. She posted about the encounter on Facebook, which led to more victims coming out. One day, Ellis ended up at the Super 8 hotel in Rantoul, where she noticed Hamburg’s car. Ellis promptly called the cops, who arrested Hamburg on August 25 and took him to Vermilion County jail. Following his arrest, Moore posted “thank you everyone who helped get this guy off the road” on Facebook. Moore also said there are additional warrants in Hamburg’s name in Idaho and Wyoming, and is “hopeful” additional charges are brought. 

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514

Continue Reading

Crime & Tragedy

Washington girl, 15, rams jogger with car to ‘scare him’, laughs about it as he dies



MAPLE VALLEY, WASHINGTON: A 15-year-old girl from Washington state intentionally rammed a jogger with a borrowed car and sped off, killing him on the spot. Reportedly, the girl laughed while narrating the incident to a friend later.

Taking her godmother’s car without permission, Kasama Smith went 50 mph, which is 5 mph over the speed limit supposed to be maintained. Charges against the suspect say that she hit Greg Moore, 53, when he was jogging at about 6 am on July 18 on a street in Maple Valley. “I’m going to scare him, I’m going to bump him,” Smith reportedly told a passenger in the car.


Rider kicked out of Lyft by furious driver who screamed ‘f**k your mom’ in WILD video

Anissa Weier: Teen in Slender Man stabbing to be on 24-hour watch after release

When the killing took place, a friend of Smith was following the Camry in another car. She reportedly heard a loud sound, and then saw “saw something fly into the air”, she told reporters. Hours later, Moore was found at the spot in a ditch in front of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, lying dead and without shoes.

Smith has been slapped with second-degree murder and hit-and-run charges. Moore’s wife is enraged that Smith is being tried as a teen and not an adult. “A family member (of the suspect) heard the individual laugh about the way Greg’s body flew up in the air when she hit him,” Michelle Moore said. She further said that since the car was doing 50 mph, calling the impact a “bump” is an understatement, and wrong. “It’s a ‘thrill kill’ is what it’s called,” Moore said. She had set up a website to find Smith, and offered a reward of $35,000. A GoFundMe page was created after the incident, and $41,291 was raised of the $100,000 goal when this report was published.

Greg Moore (second from right) with his family (

According to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, the case cannot be moved to adult court because of the accused’s age, and lack of a criminal record. “Even when juveniles are convicted as adults, Superior Court judges at sentencing can – and do in many cases – still follow the juvenile sentencing guidelines set by state lawmakers,” office spokesman Casey McNerthney told The Seattle Times.

Smith allegedly took her godmother’s car and killed Moore, but later lied to the car’s owner, claiming that she never even drove it. She said someone damaged the car with a bat. Reportedly, Smith spent several weeks following the murder in fear and concern, worried that friends might “snitch on her”. When Smith’s godmother watched surveillance footage of the car, she immediately recognized it as hers and approached the authorities. Smith, accompanied by her father, later turned herself in.

Continue Reading