Connect with us


Missing Army Veteran Found Buried Behind Friend’s House Years After He Vanished



A young man seemingly vanished into thin air… until years later, when his body was found in a friend’s yard.

When Chase Massner returned from his deployment in Iraq, the U.S. Army man struggled with depression and bipolar disorder. While Chase sought medical help to treat his mental health issues, he was ultimately honorably discharged and relocated to Canton, Georgia with his wife, Amanda Massner, and their two young children.

“In the army, Chase’s position was diesel mechanic in the military police unit. Transitioning into civilian life, I think it was difficult for him to find that type of position, so he was forced to take other types of jobs that he wasn’t passionate about,” his mother, Stephanie Cadena, told “Injustice with Nancy Grace,” airing Thursdays at 9/8c on Oxygen.

Chase, 26, later sought help at the local veterans affairs office, but he continued to experience episodes related to his bipolar disorder. One day in March 2014, one of his episodes resulted in a major argument between him and Amanda, and the two agreed that they needed some time apart.

Chase went to stay at his parents’ house, but after four days, he grew restless and wanted to return to his own home with his wife and kids. When Amanda picked him up, Chase appeared to be agitated as he packed his belongings, and he asked to stop at the QuikMart, where he worked as a nighttime manager, so he could drop off his employee pager.

On the way there, Chase threatened to jump out of the car and run into the woods, and once they arrived at the QuikMart, he grabbed his belongings, slammed the door, and said he was going to stay with his friend, Brad Clement.

That was the last time Amanda saw her husband alive.

The next morning, she received a text from Clement telling her that the two had stayed up all night talking about the couple’s marital problems and that Chase was still sleeping. He then revealed that he had gone to the grocery store to pick up some food to cook breakfast, and when he returned, Chase was gone.

After not hearing from Chase for more than 24 hours, Amanda and Cadena grew concerned, and Cadena reported her son missing to the police.

Hoping to learn more about his final movements, former Cobb County Police Department Detective Chris Twiggs contacted Clement and went out to his home, the last known place where Chase was reportedly seen.

Clement relayed the same story that he told Amanda: “I was cooking and went to go wake him up. When I got done, he wasn’t there. And pretty much since then no one’s seen him,” he said in a recording obtained by “Injustice with Nancy Grace.”

While Madena and Amanda maintained that Chase would never leave his family behind, Twiggs told producers that “the hard reality is, that does happen. We can’t just go with speculation, and at that point, we just had no hard evidence to say that something malicious or foul play had occurred to Chase.”

With the investigation stalling, Chase’s family started a search of their own and posted missing persons flyers around town, later forming the group Team Chase to expand their efforts and raise a $5,000 reward.

Few leads turned up, however, and the investigation reached a dead end after three years. That is when the case was turned over to Cobb County District Attorney cold case investigator Guy Watkins, who quickly realized that one area that had not yet been searched was Clement’s backyard.

Hoping to stir up movement, Team Chase turned to the press, and CBS 46 reporter Daniel Wilkerson reached out to Clement for an interview.

Speaking with Wilkerson, Clement revealed that Chase had a habit of wandering off, and so he took Chase’s cell phone from him so he wouldn’t leave the house. He then claimed that when he realized Chase was missing, he called his phone and left a voicemail, which contradicted his earlier statement.

“That started to raise some red flags. There were conflicting stories that Brad was telling me, so there were different things going through my mind. Is this person a killer, or not?” Wilkerson told producers.

Following Wilkerson’s interview, Team Chase contacted Nancy Grace, who immediately jumped on the case and, with Wilkerson’s help, met up with Clement to interview him. Once she got Clement talking, there were “several key details” that were the “complete opposites” of what he said in his initial statement to police, according to Twiggs.

“That was pretty telling to us. He’s a suspect now,” Twiggs told producers.

With the case reenergized, Twiggs consulted with the cold case unit, and Watkins moved to search Clement’s property. After learning Clement had sold the house, authorities gained permission from the new owners to search around the home with a cadaver dog, which alerted the possible scent of human remains near the back porch.

On Aug. 1, 2017, authorities dug up a concrete slab and found human remains wrapped in black plastic.

“There was no doubt in my mind that we had found Chase Massner. It was a surreal, somber moment knowing that he had been laying there for three years,” Watkins told “Injustice with Nancy Grace.”

When authorities went to track down Clement, they found he had skipped town and was on the lam. Six days later, he was apprehended by U.S. Marshalls, and he was taken into custody and indicted for concealing Chase’s death and making a false statement, reported Atlanta CBS affiliate WGCL-TV.

An autopsy revealed there were no obvious signs of trauma or assault, and a toxicology report showed there was heroin, methamphetamine, and bipolar medication in Chase’s system at the time of his death.

“I think that he probably overdosed that night, Brad panicked, and decided he needed to do away with the body,” Watkins told producers.

Due to the state of decomposition of Chase’s remains, his cause and manner of death were ruled to be undetermined, and there was no further evidence linking Clement to his friend’s death.

Clement ultimately entered an Alford plea, and he was sentenced to 15 years. He will be released in 2026 after serving only eight years, and he will spend the remaining seven years on probation, reported WGCL-TV.

Continue Reading


SpaceX Starship rocket explodes in fireball just after landing in dramatic footage



It is the third SpaceX Starship to blow up after landing – but billionaire founder Elon Musk didn’t let it faze him – tweeting ‘RIP SN10’ as his work went up in a fireball

Elon Musk’s latest SpaceX Starship rocket experiment has once again ended up in flames.
Continue Reading


The Earth’s deepest secret was just revealed by scientists



The research into what lies deep, deep beneath our feet has yielded precious few details over the past few decades. We all grew up learning that we live on the Earth’s crust, which is just a thin layer above the mantle. Beneath that, the outer core surrounds the inner core, and… well, that’s it, or so we thought. Now, scientists have offered us an update to this model, and they believe the discovery may be concrete enough to warrant the rewriting of textbooks.

In a new paper published in the Journal of Geophysical Research, a small team of scientists says that the most widely accepted model of the interior of the Earth doesn’t necessarily jive with the data that is available. In its place, the researchers propose a new model that includes a new layer within the inner core, and they say that, based on the data, it may be evidence of a “traumatic event” somewhere in Earth’s history.

The new layer the researchers are said to have confirmed is distinct from the inner core and would represent a new “central inner core,” for lack of a better term. To do this, the team collected a massive amount of data from seismic events over decades, then tested them against models of the Earth’s interior. What they found was that the notion of a new core layer was the best way to match the data with a model.

“Traditionally we’ve been taught the Earth has four main layers: the crust, the mantle, the outer core and the inner core,” Joanne Stephenson, lead author of the work, said in a statement. “The idea of another distinct layer was proposed a couple of decades ago, but the data has been very unclear. We got around this by using a very clever search algorithm to trawl through thousands of the models of the inner core.”

How exactly this newly-identified layer formed is anyone’s guess, but it may point to a more complex story of early Earth formation than was previously accepted.

“We found evidence that may indicate a change in the structure of iron, which suggests perhaps two separate cooling events in Earth’s history. The details of this big event are still a bit of a mystery, but we’ve added another piece of the puzzle when it comes to our knowledge of the Earths’ inner core.”

The discovery of a new core layer may not change much when it comes to our daily lives, but it’s a big step toward better understanding how our planets and others like it form. If we hope to have a solid understanding of the nature of planets, figuring out what is hiding deep within them is a prerequisite and a pretty big one.

Continue Reading


Bodies of 11 Infants Found in Ceiling of Funeral Home May Have Been Hidden Because Parents Couldn’t Pay



On Friday, Michigan state investigators received an “anonymous letter” directing them to a Detroit funeral home that closed in April for “deplorable, unsanitary conditions.”

According to the Detroit Free Press, investigators entered the Cantrell Funeral Home with permission from the new owner, who was in the process of converting it to a community center, Detroit Police Lt. Brian Bowser said.

There, they located the bodies of 11 infants and “stillborns” hidden inside a “drop-down ceiling” between the first and second floor of the building.

Nine of the bodies were located hidden inside a box, and two were found inside a garbage bag in a small casket, Bowser confirmed at a press conference.

Police have not confirmed the identities of the infants or why they were hidden in the ceiling. The bodies were badly decomposed; some were “mummified,” and others were “embalmed.”

In April, the funeral home was shut down over unsanitary conditions after inspectors found bodies that had been left to mold and decay.

Owner Raymond Cantrell II admitted he kept bodies when the families couldn’t pay. At the time, he told WJBK:

“Those who have asked me to hold their loved ones will know I was doing them a favor to accommodate them. For those that weren’t, like the many of the cremated they are trying to take from here or that they are taking from here. Those individuals we called we’ve tried to notify and they haven’t been picked up.”

Police have not confirmed that’s why the infants were kept. But Pastor William C. Curtis, who owns three Detroit funeral homes, said that could be the case.

He told the Detroit News:

“A lot of times the family don’t pay and you have to take them to court. There is no recourse, but holding a body isn’t justifiable. It’s not like repossessing a car, you can’t give the body back.”

Cantrell took over the funeral home from his father in 2017. Curtis said they “used to get a lot of business.”

The medical examiner’s office is currently working to identify all the infants and reunite them with their families, it said in a statement.

Cantrell is not facing charges in relation to the discovery at this time.

Continue Reading