Breakups suck even when you know they’re the right decision, but alcohol does help numb the pain. If you’ve been through enough failed relationships, you probably even have a favorite post-split tipple that never fails to make you feel better. For YouTuber Andreas Tovornik, also known as foodquig, that tipple is Scotch, and he loves it so much that he reviewed it on camera as his wife Cindy packed her stuff to leave him in the background.
1. IT’S UNCLEAR WHAT WENT ON BETWEEN ANDREAS AND HIS WIFE CINDY.In the video, he says he had a “reasonably successful” week at work and then gives an explanation for why there seems to be a warzone happening behind him. “Well, Cindy and I are breaking up,” he says. “She’s moving out and the way I can enjoy that – no, it’s hard, it’s really [effing] hard – but I’m going to have some Laphroaig 10.”
3. THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB – SPONSORED If you’re reading this, check out Relationship Hero, a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes.
4. HE’S A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL, TO BE HONEST.Despite the dire circumstances, Andreas stays focused when it comes to giving his review, pouring himself a glass of Laphroaig and beginning to sniff before announcing that he’s “not smelling much” because “even [his] sniffer’s out of whack.” He eventually decides the drink is basically “road tar, smoke and more road tar.” That doesn’t sound very appetizing!
5. IT GETS EVEN WORSE WHEN CINDY LEAVES.In the middle of the review, Cindy interrupts by saying bye, to which Andreas kinda awkwardly looks over his shoulders and mutters “bye” before picking up right where he left off, commenting on the honey note to the Scotch. Awkward!
6. THE CLIP IS OLD BUT A TOTAL CLASSIC.Thankfully, the memory of Andreas and Cindy’s split is likely now a distant memory. The couple started the channel together in 2012 but after their split around 2015, it switched to Andreas reviewing his favorite alcohol. While this is pretty old by now, it still is one of the best YouTube videos ever if you love cringeworthy clips.