Family seeks justice for their 5-year-old son who was shot and killed while making TikTok videos

HOUSTON, TX – A call for justice is coming from the family of a 5-year-old boy who was killed by a stray bullet back earlier this year while he was making a TikTok video outside of his father’s home.

Police have yet to identify a suspect in the case and his mother is begging for anyone with information to please come forward.


On April 3rd of 2020, Jordan “Baby J” Allen Jr. was taken off of life support three days after he was shot in the head by what investigators believe to have been a stray bullet never intended for the young boy. On that fateful day when Jordan was shot, he was on the balcony of his father’s apartment on Richmond Avenue with his friends making TikTok videos.

Before the shooting happened, Jordan’s father remembers his son asking him to go inside of the apartment to get him some juice:

“He just told me to get him some juice, that’s why I stepped in the house to get him some juice.”

That’s when tragedy struck this family, with roughly five to six gunshots having exploded from the parking lot within the apartment complex. And the young boy’s father hears what no father would want to hear after a series of gunshots: his son pleading for help:

“Everybody ran in the house and the kids’ room in the house, so I ran to the porch, and then I see my son on the ground holding his head asking for my help.”

Authorities have been working the case since then, having conducted numerous interviews with persons of interest but still, no charges have been levied toward any possible suspects. Jordan’s grandmother, Millie White, is among those desperate to find this young boy’s killer:

“We need to find who killed him, who murdered the baby.”

Among those grieving the hardest and distraught by no promising progress on the case is Jordan’s mother, Tiyanna Jones. She is longing for closure in this case, noting how it pains her that she can’t visit her son’s grave and tell him that his murderer has been found:

“I go to his gravesite and talk to him, and it hurts that I can’t talk to him and say, ‘We caught the people who killed you.’”

Jordan would’ve celebrated his 6th birthday this past September, which those who he’s survived by still celebrated his life and memory by holding a balloon release and party to commemorate him.

Pictures of Jordan adorned the likes of shirts, posters and he’s even featured on the side of his uncle’s car – all an effort to preserve the memory of this innocent child.

With it now has been over six months since this child’s murder, Tiyanna Jones is pleading for someone with information to come forward:

“How could you not love his smile? How could you not love this baby? How could you not want to speak up for him?”

Authorities ask that anyone with information that can help investigators on this case to please contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS. Information that leads to an arrest could be worth up to $5,000 in reward money.

Sadly, this isn’t the only case in recent months involving a child being shot while simply trying to have fun on TikTok. A case stemming from Atlanta involved similar circumstances, but luckily the child survived in that instance.

Here’s our report from July on that incident.


ATLANTA, GA – According to police, a nine-year-old boy was shot four times on July 8th in Atlanta, while said to be in the process of filming a Tik Tok video.

Despite such a young boy being met with so much gunfire, the child amazingly survived the ordeal and is expected to recover.


Javonni Carson is a 4th-grade honor roll student who does much of what many young children do these days -make videos on the popular app Tik Tok. Shortly before 9:00 p.m. on July 8th, Javonni was with two of his older siblings in a parking lot along Flat Shoals Avenue while filming a Tik Tok video when gunfire erupted.

According to the child’s mother, someone in a car had pulled up and began firing into a crowd of people in the parking lot which resulted in Javonni getting shot in the leg four times. Reportedly, two others were injured during the gunfire.

Javonni’s father was on the scene and was said to have rushed the child over to a hospital that was able to provide immediate care for his injuries.

Keyona Carson, Javonni’s mother, spoke of the horror that her son went through and her other children had to witness:

“My other two kids were there, too, and they saw everything. Someone just drove by and started shooting.”


The victim’s mother spoke about her worry leading up to seeing her son in the hospital, as all she knew when in transit was that her son was hit with gunfire:

“My 11-year-old said he was trying to crawl over to (Javonni), but there were already so many people on the ground. I didn’t know anything until I got to the hospital. I just knew he’d been shot.”

Atlanta Police were said to have recovered 42 shell casings from the scene of the crime. A surveillance camera positioned outside of the Gaja Korean Bar captured footage of the shooting, according to police.

Officials say that a dark-colored vehicle was spotted driving through the parking lot and someone inside of the vehicle simply began opening fire at the crowd. One individual present at the scene was said to have returned fire at the vehicle.


As for young Javonni, he’s now said to be recovering at his home after undergoing surgery. His mother was thankful that he survived the traumatic ordeal:

“He’s here, so that’s a blessing. He’s 9 years old, taking shots. He didn’t deserve this.”

While the young boy is healing, he is having some mobility issues since the gunfire shattered his femur. According to the boy’s mother, he’s expected to begin physical therapy in approximately two weeks.

Both Javonni and his two siblings present during the shooting are also expected to undergo counseling, according to the mother:

“He and his siblings have to get counseling. He’s afraid. 42 shells. It’s a lot for any kid to have to witness.”