A Suspect Arrested After Got Caught As His Feet Fall Through A Ceiling Of Grocery Store And Was Found He Was Living Above A Grocery Store

Report: A Nevada man has been put behind the bars last month for allegedly living in the ceiling of a grocery store. Reports say that his living secret came in light after his feet fell and got caught in the eyes through the overhead structure.

Lyon County Police authorities told the Reno Gazette-Journal that workers who were on their night shift duty at the grocery store saw 35 year-olds who are identified by the name Matthew Hammar’s feet falling through the ceiling. Also, the authorities said that the incident occurred during the closed business hours of the store.

“The reason they noticed him was that when he made it through the roof of the building and into the ceiling area of the grocery store, his foot went through the ceiling. He took a bad step and one of his feet went through the ceiling, exposing his foot to where people could see it and that’s what alerted the employees,” Lyon County police Captain Johnny Smith told the news outlet.

Another police officer from the Lyon County department said that Hammar tried to crawl back into a crawl space as the employees prepared to open. However, he couldn’t make an escape as the workers surrounded the store and called the police.

Reports say that Hammar has been living above the deli for at least from the last two days and has been stealing food from the grocery store (Raley’s). It was also found that some of the stolen items from the store were found in the rafters.

“From my understanding, he did have a couple of tools and he did have a little spread because he had been pretty much living up there,” Smith told the Gazette-Journal. “He had a few items to where he made himself at home.”

Investigators say that Hammar has used an exterior ladder to get access to the roof and climb down onto the rafters.

Adding to that, they also said that Hammar is homeless and has had several run-ins with the law. Also, it’s said that He was refusing to respond to the officers’ commands from which a police K9 officer also got stuck trying to get to him.

At last, the fire team arrived and retrieved both Hammar and the police dog without incident. Hammar has been charged with burglary and obstructing a police officer.